Friday, November 29, 2013

Making Butter

Making Butter

We finished our past, present/long ago and today unit with making our butter.  We did a lot of learning about how things for the pilgrims and for children not too many years ago, had a very different life style than we do.  We talked about how they couldn't go to the grocery store and pick up some butter like we can.  The class learned that the Pilgrim children almost daily had to churn their own butter and how it was a pretty long process.  

We opened the wall and made some butter with Mrs. Martell's class.  What fun!

Enjoy some of our pictures from butter making:








I saved the best picture for last!  He DID NOT want to try the butter and I kept saying just try it....with many repeats he finally said, if I try it you just let me BE...and he DID!  He had us in stitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note: