Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Ahead to 2013


Looking Ahead to 2013……

Well, I can’t believe that 2013 is here already and we are so far along in the school year.  We have been busy Kinders in 2012 and I am sure it will continue into 2013. 

This week we will do lots of reviewing of the alphabet, letters, letter sounds, concept of word and spelling basic cvc words like cat, mop, etc.  We will be reviewing for PALS testing which will begin on Monday and last about 2 weeks.  After that, if needed I will be contacting you to schedule some conferences to report on progress being made.

This week we will talk about making a resolution and what that means.  We will talk about one thing we would like to learn how to do this year and put that into writing.  We will also write about what we did over winter vacation. 

We will then begin to learn about maps and globes, the difference between the two and what the colors mean on a map.  We might even get to go on a treasure hunt!

We will review comparing numbers in math and numbers to 20. 

As we begin this “new year”, let’s continue to be positive, learn much and have fun!

As always, I am excited to see my little ones on Wednesday!  I hope you all enjoyed your time off and please contact me if you need anything or have any questions.

With love,
Mrs. Beltz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a note: